And seeing the crowds, lost and wandering and confused and empty he had compassion and wanted to help them.
– Send them away, says Philip, so they can fend for themselves.
– I thought we might help them.
– Well you could feed them.
– We don’t have anything, says Phil, you’re the miracle worker. You do it.
– But I only have you.
– You. I have you, says Jesus, you have my resources.
– But we can’t do this.
– Not on your own, no, but you have me. I have you and you have me.
– So what do you expect us to do? Run off with some poor kid’s lunch and give everyone a micro crumb.
– Well you could, but I thought it might better to borrow a youngster’s lunch, share it round with my help and then give it back to the youngster twice as big as it was when we borrowed it.
– I found this young lad, says Andrew, bounding up like an excited kangaroo, he’s willing to share what he’s got.
– Then so am I, says Jesus, let’s offer it to God, then offer it to the people and see what happens.
– So you are going to do it, says Phil.
– Of course. With your help. You feed them. I’ll be right there with you.
– Can’t you just do a miracle? says Phil.
– I am doing a miracle, and I’m doing it through you.
John chapter 6