Dave Hopwood has been performing, speaking and writing for 30 years.
For 10 years he was the creative arts director at the Lee Abbey Conference Centre in North Devon. These days he spends much of his time writing and speaking, using films, stories and modern media to communicate the Bible in a friendly, accessibly style. He draws on film, TV, adverts, news, humour and the internet.
The kind of events he has spoken at include –
- church services and other Christian events
- workshops on the theme of communicating Christianity
- writing workshops
- interactive storytelling workshops for children & parents
- youth services and teenage events
- film evenings
- using film in church meetings
- media and faith events
- church fringe and outreach events
- workshops on communicating the Bible
- men’s breakfasts and pub nights
A typical weekend might include:
- Friday night film session for teenagers
- Saturday morning men’s breakfast
- Saturday workshop – on communicating faith, creating drama or stories, bringing the Bible to life or using film in worship
- Saturday evening – an entertaining film and faith event
- Preaching at Sunday services
Dave has penned a fistful of books, which can be found by clicking this line of text.
All Dave’s books are available on Amazon.co.uk.
Flyer – click this sentence to download an A5 flyer about Dave’s work.
To book Dave for a weekend – £250 plus travel
For a day session or event – £100 plus travel
For a short speaking spot – £50 plus travel
To get in touch just use the contact form here – https://davehopwood.com/contact/
What others say:
‘The Bible as you’ve never read it before.’
Adrian Plass, author and speaker
‘Whenever I hear Dave speak I am inspired and challenged by his passion for God… his words always propel me back to the Bible.’
Stuart Townend, singer/songwriter
‘I think The Groovy Gospel is the best Bible ever made.’
Daniel, aged 7
‘Honest, plain speaking and contemporary.’
Carl Beach, Christian Vision for Men
‘Dave Hopwood is a passionate man and a brilliant communicator… he demonstrates that passion through his unique gift to make the characters and incidents of the Bible live for people today.’
Bishop Chris Edmondson